We recommend that you hire a car while in Lanzarote in order to discover the island in a more flexible way and because car hire in Lanzarote is the most economical in Europe.
Here are a few points to remember:
- Driving is on the Right-hand side.
- Most Petrol Stations now accept Credit Cards, however you will need photo id to prove your identity. Since Credit Card machines often seem to be “out-of-order”, make sure you carry some cash!
- Always Carry your Driver’s Licence, Passport and Rental Agreement.
- Always wear your Seat belts (front and rear), there is an on the spot fine for non-compliance.
- Speeding and Drink-Driving both carry steep on-the-spot fines.
- In the event of an accident, do not admit liability or part with any documentation or money. Co-operate with the Police and contact the Car hire company.
- Park in allocated spaces.
- Normally you have to be at least 21 years old to hire a Car.
- Make sure that the vehicle has fully-comprehensive Insurance.
- If you have several people it may be cheaper to rent a mini-van and you will save on Petrol.
- When comparing prices make sure that Taxes and delivery charges are included. Also ask if there is a surcharge for extra Kilometres (there may be a mileage limit).
Click here to compare car rental prices from Lanzarote Airport.