This Grand Bus Tour of the island is a comprehensive excursion and offers visitors the chance to see the highlights of Lanzarote in a single day.
The first stop In the morning is El Golfo, with its impressive green lagoon inside a partly collapsed volcano. Next, the tour stops to enjoy the views at Salinas de Janubio salt pans and the Los Hervideros cliffs and blowholes. This is followed by a visit to the spectacular Timanfaya National Park with its stunning volcanic scenery and famous restaurant, that utilises volcanic heat for cooking*.
After Timanfaya, the tour continues to the wine-growing region of La Geria where we can try the exquisite wine of the island.
The route then takes us north, via the Monumento al Campesino (Farmer´s Monument), by César Manrique, the old capital of the island, Teguise, and finally to Peñas del Chache – Lanzarote’s highest peak.
The final stop on the tour is at the Jameos del Agua cave, where visitors can enjoy the Cesar Manrique-designed subterranean gardens, and see the critically endangered blind crabs that can be found here and nowhere else.
The tour will have a maximum of 14 people and includes:
- Pick-up from your Hotel
- Entrance to the Timanfaya National Park
- Entrance to Jameos Del Agua
- English-speaking guide
- Modern air-conditioned bus
- Route: El Golfo, Camel Ride, Geothermal Experiments Timanfaya National Park & free time, La Geria Vineyard, Jameos del Agua
- Prices: Adults 49€ – Children 2 – 11 years old 24€ (children under 2 – free on parent’s lap)
- Duration: Approx. 9.5 hours
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
*Lunch is optional and can be booked on the day of the excursion for €8. Please inform the guide immediately if you are a vegetarian, diabetic or have any food allergies or intolerances. If you don’t wish to join the lunch it is advisable to pack your own food.